Being a new mom has been absolutely amazing but is also a big adjustment. I wanted to create a list of my favorite (and life saving) baby and mom items that we’ve been using the past 3 weeks. I’m sure there are things I forgot to include but these are my top 16 items that have really worked for us and our baby boy.
1. Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n’ Play Sleeper: This is one of my favorite items we purchased for our baby. He sleeps in it right next to our bed and it’s so easy for me to just roll over and lift him out in the middle of the night to nurse. He also loves the vibration and the fact that I can rock him easily (most nights) back to sleep. It folds up nicely so we can transport it when we go visit family & friends!
2. Aden and Anais Muslin Swaddle Blanket: Well, since we found out pretty early that Grayson actually hates being swaddled, we really just use this blanket at night to keep his legs warm (he usually just sleeps in a onsie). He can’t roll over or anything in the rock n’ play so we don’t worry about him getting caught up in it. They are so light weight though it’s great for the summer.
3. Cloud b Bubbly Bunny Sound Machine Soother: This sound machine is amazing. Little bunny just sits on my night stand right next to Grayson’s head when he sleeps and it soothes him right away. It has four different sound settings but we usually just keep it on “calm” for now.
4. Fisher-Price Deluxe Bouncer, My Little Snugabunny: This bouncer is what he takes naps in during the day (if not in his car seat or in my arms). He loves the vibrations and the bird sounds. Sometimes he’ll just sit in it awake and watch his surroundings for a while. It’s been great!
5. Boppy Pillow: I usually use this when I’m nursing him or when he will only fall asleep being rocked in my arms. It’s a life savor for when my arms get tired!
6. Spasilk Soft Terry Washcloths: Grayson developed blocked tear ducts in both eyes about a week after birth (common in newborns) so when he cries, this yellow gunk will build up around his eyes. We constantly have to keep wiping them so they don’t crust shut and these washcloths have been great for that. We also use them for his bath! They are so soft, he loves them.
7. Puj Tub – Soft Infant Bath: Speaking of bath time, we used this tub for the first time yesterday! It fits perfectly in our bathroom sink and it is spongy so it’s comfortable for Gray to lay in. He LOVED his bath (thank goodness)!
8. Baby Jogger City Mini GT Single Stroller: We are obsessed with this stroller. It maneuvers great, it folds in half easily, it’s light weight and the break holds strong. I can transport this stroller easily by myself which makes things so much faster when out and about. We bought car seat adapters which were so easy to attach and his car seat clicks right into it!
9. Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat: We have a convertible car seat for when Grayson gets a little older but we found that having the infant car seat is a lot easier for these early months. We have a base in each car and can easily click it in and out without having to take him out of it (because he’s usually asleep).
10. Skip Hop Duo Special Edition Diaper Bag: I’m so glad I got this diaper bag. I didn’t want to spend too much but I wanted one that I knew wouldn’t fall apart in a couple of months. It has multiple pockets inside and out, it comes with a changing pad and the material is easy to wipe off in case it gets dirty. I can fit all of Grayson’s things as well as my own with extra room. I love it!
11. The Only Baby Book You’ll Ever Need: I picked up this book a couple of weeks ago at Barnes and Noble. I realized I have so many books on pregnancy but I didn’t have one about what to expect with a baby. I really wanted to prepare myself for any and all scenarios (or as much as I can) and know a little more information about milestones and development. This book has it all. It literally is the only baby book you’ll ever need ;)
12. Boba Baby Wrap: This wrap is great when you know you’re going to be wandering around a store for a long time. Lugging the car seat around gets a little heavy so if I’m going grocery shopping or something I will wrap baby up and walk around wearing him. Being so close to my chest, he falls asleep right away so I don’t have to worry about a crying baby in public!
13. Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Size N: We are a pampers loving family. We found that Grayson leaked through the Huggies newborn diapers and we were going through like 6 outfits a day. The Pampers Swaddlers keep pee and those large blowouts in the diaper!
14. Lansinoh HPA Lanolin: This cream has saved my nipples. Breast feeding is hard my friends and it’s hard on your poor boobs. If I didn’t have this to coat my nipples with after every feeding they would have probably fallen off by now. Don’t worry, it’s all natural and safe for baby.
15. Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads: Oh, another awesome thing about breast feeding is your boobs leak. Yep, I could just be walking around and all of a sudden my nipple will start leaking milk. These pads are placed under my bra so that very thing doesn’t happen because that would just be embarrassing.
16. Car Seat Canopy: I really like this car seat canopy because when the sun is shinning mighty bright it irritates Grayson and his sensitive eyes. I simply cover him up with this and he’s a happy camper! Or if I’m out and I don’t want strangers coming up and touching my newborn baby, I will cover him with this too. We also have this one!
I’d love to hear what new mom and baby products you’ve found helpful in your house!