It’s been pretty frigid around here lately and all I want to do is curl up on the couch under a heated blanket and binge watch One Tree Hill – yes, I started from season 1, episode 1 on Friday and I’m obsessed all over again. I bought the Amazon Fire Stick for Kyle as a stocking gift for Christmas and I’ve READ MORE
We’ve made it! It seemed like it took forever to get here but I am so excited that it’s almost the weekend. Tomorrow, Kyle is teaming up with a bunch of guys at work and playing a turkey bowl football game so Grayson and I will be cheering for him on the side lines. Grayson is also getting his hair cut tomorrow morning, which is in desperate need of a trim. The boy’s hair grows so fast! Now since it’s Friday, I am going to keep it nice and simple around here…. so here are five things for Friday!
1. Grayson turned 15 months yesterday! He had his 15 month appointment and he weights 24lbs (78th percentile) and measures 31 inches long (44th percentile). He’s developing great and hitting every milestone he should so far. He had to get three shots – two of the regular 15 month shots and then recommended by our pediatrician, I got him the flu shot. I didn’t know whether I was going to do this or not since I personally never get the flu shot but since he’s under 2, she highly suggested it. Did you get your child the flu shot?
2. Ever since Kyle and I moved into our apartment we’ve been searching for the perfect kitchen cart. We don’t have much cupboard/counter space so this would really help. I love this rustic one but this one is more in our price range…. and I love the butcher block counter top! This would also be perfect to store all your extra food items if you are hosting Thanksgiving this year!
3. Want a different spin on Apple Pie this year? Try this Apple Crumble Pie. It looks amazing!
4. Have you made your advent calendar yet? I how creative people get with these…. whether it’s putting in small toys for your children, date ideas with your spouse, or acts of service during the holiday season, they are all so different and made based on your lifestyle. I really like this one where she put an act of kindness for each day (includes a free printable for the service cards!). This one is also great if you have a child/children at home. She turned it into a Christmas book countdown so each day your child opens a new Christmas book for you to read together. She also includes free printables for the tags and ideas for Christmas books!
5. If you’re a mom and don’t read Coffee + Crumbs…. you should. All the stories are so relatable and even if you can’t personally relate to some of them, they still make you feel something…..because us mom’s are all in this together. Even if we have different stories, lead different lives, go through different things, it all boils down to the fact that we are all mom’s and we somehow we just get it.
This planner. Which they launch again on November 12th. I need.
These leggings. They are pricing but it’s hard to find a good pair of leggings. I bought a pair of these last year since leggings were pretty much all I wore post baby (and let’s be honest, still wear). They still look brand new after a year of use and I am impressed.
These booties. A black ankle boot that I can still chase G around in.
These Hunter boots for G. It’s hard to justify spending that much money on something he’ll grow out of so quickly, but I’m obsessed with how mini hunters look on toddlers…. *insert heart eye emoji
These prints. My BFF’s company Teluna having the cutest and most unique prints ever. I just bought this one and I have the perfect spot for it in our apartment. I’m really close to also buying this one because why wouldn’t you? ;)
This blanket. We are on the search for the perfect throw blanket for our bed and we are going with a navy color. I’m not sure how Kyle will feel about it….. but I love.
This bath mat. Cracks me up.
The best part of my morning is waking us to new photos from our wedding day. Brooke has been randomly posting/sending me sneak peaks all week and I’m obsessed with every single one of them. I can’t tell you enough how incredible she is. So of course, I’m starting off my Friday Favorites with some pictures!
I’ve decided I am going to do a Project Life scrapbook for our wedding album. I’ve always wanted to do one and I feel like this is my chance. I’m not a great scrapbook maker in general but these kits make it so easy and from what I’ve seen, they usually turn out beautiful! I ordered Southern Weddings Edition Core Kit and this leather album. I got a variety pack of the page protectors so I could do different things on every page. I’m not only going to put pictures in it but I’ll also include our vows, pedals from my bouquet, menus, our invitation, cards, the letters we wrote for each other, and anything else I gathered that day. It will be nice to have everything in one place to flip through in the future. I’ll share pictures once I’m finished!
Now that the wedding is over, it’s time to refocus on Fall and the upcoming holidays! I need to get some Halloween jammies for Grayson and these glow in the dark footie pajama’s caught my eye. I also love this and this. They are all on sale too!
These Halloween Rice Krispy Treats look like so much fun to make and so good to eat.
Lately, Grayson is obsessed with building and stacking things so I bought him these Mega bloks. I can’t wait to watch him play with them. Seeing how their little minds work is just fascinating.
Have a great weekend, friends! We plan on spending ours at the pumpkin patch!
I just have to boast about my girl Diana right now. My artsy fartsy best friend has poured her heart and soul into creating her own company, Teluna! She launched her Facebook page yesterday so follow the link and make sure you show her some love and “like” it to keep yourself updated on all her new designs. She hasn’t officially launched her website yet but we’ll be sure to keep you updated as soon as it goes live!
Teluna is a hand crafted home decor company dedicated to creating designs to bring people together over a common cause. Each product is connected to a Non Profit and 5% of every purchase will be donated back to its corresponding non-profit organization. Each design/pattern has been hand painted, drawn, or lettered and transformed into one of a kind products. They will start out offering wall art (prints), wall paper, pillows, and headbands!
I can’t express how proud I am of her and all her hard work. She’s extremely talented and I can’t wait to see all she has to offer. Congratulations Diana and good luck on this new adventure!!!
Ps. She blogs too so go check her out – One Broads Journey. Her pictures are amazing, btw.